Years 2 – 6
Prep School – Philosophy
We believe in the concept of lifelong learning, and in the belief that we are laying the foundations for learning throughout life in terms of skills, strategies and attitudes. We maintain that learning should be a rewarding and an enjoyable experience for everyone. Through our teaching, we equip children with the skills and a broad range knowledge and understanding that is necessary to be able to make informed choices about the important things in their lives. We believe that appropriate teaching and learning experiences help children to lead safe, healthy, productive, happy and rewarding lives.
Our philosophy is that success will be a by-product of everything that we do. We are certainly not an ‘exam hot-house’, where exam preparation takes over the whole of the curriculum. We give it due focus, we practice for exams (technique etc.) just like anyone would if they were to play in a music concert, tennis match etc. but it isn’t at the expense of the development of the ‘whole child’. The emphasis on developing confidence and potential, along with technique, enable our children to achieve the results that they are capable of.
- Pupils may arrive from 7.30am when Before School Care is available (charges apply before 8.15am).
- Before School Activities are available from 8.00am.
- Pupils may be brought to the playground (where supervision is available) from 8.15am.
- Pupils must be on the playground by 8.35am ready to move to their classes for registration.
- There is a 30 minute morning break during which a healthy snack is provided.
- All children eat their school lunch in the school hall between 12.50pm and 1.30pm.
- There is supervised outdoor play, clubs and activities until 1.50pm.
- School finishes at 3.20pm.
- Collection is from the main playground.
- After-School Enrichment Activities are available every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday until 4.30pm.
- After-School Care is available on all days until 5.45pm.